As we close out 2016 and as 2017 begins to dawn, it is indeed a great time to reflect on the journey we’ve taken as an organisation to get to where we are and the plans we have for an exciting, bright future. 2016 has been a year like no other. A year that we have had our share of highs and lows, highs that we can be grateful for, and proud of as an organisation:
1. Recognition as number 9 among the Top 100 Mid-sized companies.
2. Being recognised among the top 100 FinTech companies in Africa.
3. Preparing for the launching of several projects and products along the way; Agency Banking, Core Banking system, Payment and loyalty system, Xip platform e.t.c
4. Our continuous development and support of our products and services in the market.
5. Our launch of Tangazoletu Uganda office.
6. Engaging in our first 2 international projects in Uganda and Tanzania.
These are but a few of the many moments that have drained us but still continue to give us a promise of the future and our vision. These moments are the continuous reminders of our purpose as an organisation, moments that are filled with the promise of a great tomorrow, great years to come, a confirmation of our worthwhile investment today for the future.
This same year, we have also had our fair share of challenges and lessons along the way. It has undeniably not been the easiest of years but one that has brought us our trials and teachings. Certainly this is inevitable bearing in mind:
1. The ever increasing demands of customers.
2. Our drive and thirst to innovate and challenge status quo and remain market leaders.
3. The need to continually raise the bar in our offerings to the market in many ways.
4. The challenges of tough national and global economic times.
It has been truly a remarkable year.
When it is all said and done, I am glad that this mix of situations has brought growth and transitions in many ways at individual and organisational levels. They have helped us become better people and a better organisation at large. They have positioned us to having an organisation ready to face the future. All in all, they have presented us with great opportunities to grow as individuals, teams, departments and an organisation.
In all this allow me to appreciate your hard work over the years and the efforts you have put in place so far. We have each played a role in getting us to where we are; each one of us being a part of the engine. The team that moves mountains! I am grateful for each one of us who make this great team.
There are many things that we hoped and planned to do; a lot of them accomplished, many we are still yet to. It is clear and obvious to us that there is still work ahead for us to get to where we envision. Let us however appreciate what we have managed so far and thank God for the opportunity to do so.
There is a team that remains engaged during the period of the break. The customer service, projects, BD, PSD and the ERP teams. We appreciate your hard work and your commitment to stand in the gap. I urge us all to be available for this teams should they require our input – and when time allows, extending them the break they so much deserve in the year.
Finally let us wind up the year and head to the festive season. I would like to take time to wish us all a happy and blessed festive season period, filled with Joy ,laughter and love, may it be a blessed time to spend with our loved ones, may it also bring us relation and time to reflect both on the year that has been and the ones ahead.
Merry Christmas to you all and your Families
God Bless you all.